What’s the best way to choose voice over classes?
“This is who you go to when you want to become a professional in the voice over business!”.Roger Rose (WME)
Classes Now Enrolling!
Whether you’re looking to break-in to the career of your dreams or to expand your repertoire of voice acting skills, TalkShop’s got your number — with voice over classes led by top casting directors, booth directors, and artists.
Essentials 1 with Gary Giambo begins June 4, 2019!
Essentials 2 with Martha Mayakis begins June 13, 2019!
Think you’ve got the knack? If you’re new to voice over, this is where you begin. Basics 1 will give the foundation, principles and techniques you need to begin a successful voice over career.
- Anatomy of a voice over commercial
- How the pros interpret commercial copy
- How to work the mic – and let the mic work for you
- Choosing your performance attitude
- Finding the “conversation” in the copy
- Getting over the fear/anxiety of stepping into the booth
- What producers expect from your performance, and how to give it to them
- The business of voiceover and how to become an expert
Tuesdays | 6 weeks: $500
We continue to build on the foundation started in Basics 1 by focusing on:
- Getting to the heart of the copy
- Current trends in TV and radio advertising
- Developing timing skills
- Finding your unique voice persona
- The balance between real and retail
- Character-driven monologues and dialogues
- Performance techniques that lead to booking
- Preparing for your demo
Thursdays | 6 weeks: $500
Sometimes a voice over actor feels the need for a little personal attention – to find a new angle, get over a difficult hump, or simply focus more specifically on your individual sound. Private one-on-one coaching is perfect for this… it’s one hour that’s all about you.
1 hour: $100
- Taking your VO career to the next level
- Developing a repertoire of characters you can deploy at will
- Polishing your VO technique to maintain vocal health
- Using social media to help craft your VO brand
- Tailoring your demo reel for a variety of niche markets
- Creating a master plan for vocal maturation
To Be Determined | 6 weeks: $495
Meet Your Instructors
Martha spent the first 14 years of her voice over career at The Voicecaster as one of the most well-known and highly respected voice over casting directors in the country. Currently the casting manager at TalkShop, she has cast and personally directed thousands of projects. A veteran teacher, she’s coached and nurtured the careers of hundreds of actors, many of whom have gone on to successful careers of their own. Her insightful direction and charming wit make her a favorite with novices, veteran talent, and celebrities alike.
Gary also began his career at The Voicecaster, where he spent 8 years as the most popular booth director in LA – directing hundreds of well-known voice over pros. Ask any working voice talent and they’ll sing the praises of Gary’s easy- going yet on-the-money direction. His weekly workout group is an industry staple for good reason – he’s a blast to work with.